ChicMe WW

Kmart baby product recalled over 'choking hazard' risk: 'Immediately cease using'

By Naomi White|

An urgent recall has been issued for a popular teething toy sold at Kmart, after it was found to pose a choking hazard.

The Anko brand Teething Llama Natural Rubber toy has been sold at stores nationally and online since April 27, and was aimed at babies aged 0+.

The recall was issued after it was discovered that the cap in one of the llama's feet could come loose.

READ MORE: Childcare worker reveals four items that should be banned

The ACCC has issued an urgent recall for the Anko teething llama. (Supplied)

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, who issued the recall, said this posed a choking hazard for young children which could lead to 'severe injury or death'.

It's deemed of particular risk as teething toys are designed to be chewed by young infants to relieve the pain of ?developing teeth.

Consumers who purchased the product are advised to 'immediately cease using' the teether and return it to the nearest Kmart store for a refund.

READ MORE: Mum's brutal response to teacher's email

The cap in the feet of the Anko brand teething llama can dislodge, posing a choking risk to infants. (Supplied)

Affected consumers can also contact Kmart Customer Service on 1800 124 125 (Monday to Friday, 7am-6pm) or visit kmart.com.au.

The recall follows another by the watchdog this week?, who warned of the risk of Halloween products sold nationally through Dusk stores.

The 11 affected products, which include Halloween masks, headbands, jewellery, candles and decorations, were found to have inadequately secured button batteries, which pose a risk of severe injury or death to young children should they be ingested.

For a daily dose of 9Honey, subscribe to our newsletter here

christmas 2022 sales events to save cash
Unusual baby names parents have actually used

Property News:?Music promoter Michael Coppel sells Toorak home for more than $30 million - domain.com.au